ARCHIVE LINKS CATEGORIES

Welcome to our blog! Be sure to also check out our website. The website is loaded with fresh images and helpful photography information. We are a husband and wife wedding photography team based in Fort Wayne Indiana.





Thanks for visiting!!!
I'd love to hear from you so don't be shy and leave a comment or email me directly.



Monday, February 9, 2009

Gadget Awesomeness

Every once in a while a product comes along that revolutionizes the way we currently do things. The new-to-me wireless SD Card is one of those products. I say new-to-me because somewhere deep in my overloaded brain I recall reading about this product. Eye-Fi has developed a product that works with Wi-Fi Networks to send photos from digital cameras to home networks and on-line websites. As soon as the camera that contains the wireless SD Card comes into the home network it will automatically upload the images on the card to your computer. To make it even cooler you can set it up to automatically upload the images to on-line websites such as Facebook and SmugMug to name a couple. The Eye-Fi is currently only for SD Cards, but when they start making the Compact Flash cards with this technology I can see a new advancement in the professional photography industry. Until then I will have to settle for the $800 Nikon WT-4af Wireless Transmitter.



Oh, and back to my overloaded brain. Eye-Fi has teamed up with Evernote giving me the ability to take a picture of text such as business cards, restaurant receipts, or anything else I want to remember. Evernote has developed recognition software that will read the text off of an image and categorize it so I can retrieve it later. Incredible!

0 comments: